miércoles, 20 de noviembre de 2013

THE PARTHENON

Hello!I'm Lola, I'm going to talk about the Parthenon. If you are reading this probably is because you read our historic book. I will that you have fun and learn new things! The Parthenon is a Greek temple, it was build around the 440a.C. It measures approximately 69'5m long 10'4m 30'9m tall. Inside, there is a sculpture made of bronze ​​for the goddess Athena and it measures 9m high. The Greeks built temples on the top of the hills because they didn't know to build stairs (the Romans invented), in the picture you can see that is very tall. The Parthenon is built in the city of Athens (ls a very important city like Sparta). It was built in honor of the goddess Athena (goddess of wisdom) which is the protector of the city. The columns that support the roof are Dorics (they haven't got decoration). Sorry I can't put images but you have one in the book. Thanks for visit my blog!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario